Frequently Asked Questions
The participation fee is £95. The fee not only holds your date and allows us to book the hair and makeup artist for your shoot, it also covers the consultation, photoshoot, one gorgeous matted print of your choice.
- CONSULTATION – to discuss your vision for how you want to be photographed and coach you on what to wear/styling.
- HAIR & MAKEUP – A professional makeover on your photoshoot date.
- PHOTOSHOOT – a 1.5 – 2 hour photoshoot with Doug & Sheila
- REVEAL & ORDER SESSION – an in-person session (at our studio or online via video conferencing software) to look at the 20-30 images we have created for you. At this session, you can choose the one complimentary image in your £95 package, and place your order for more images. Further portraits are from £145 and my collections of six or more start at £550. The more photographs you purchase, the more you save.
- PORTRAIT CELEBRATION + EXHIBITION – upon completion of the project there will be a celebration and exhibition to showcase the portraits of all 40 women. Your photograph will be included in this event.
- VIP FACEBOOK GROUP – be a part of a community of women all participating in this project. Share your experience and cheer each other on.
- FEATURED ON OUR BLOG + SOCIAL MEDIA – your images and story will be featured on our social media, blog etc.
Absolutely! When you see the 20-30 stunning images we have created for you, you’ll probably want them all! Extra photographs (including the digital and 5×7 print on 8×10 mat) are £145 each, the more you buy, the bigger the savings. You can also save by purchasing collections.
We take credit cards and offer payment plans as well.
- TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PRODUCTS FOR SALE – I offer beautiful products to store and display your new photographs, including matted prints, albums, folio boxes and wall art. My most popular item is a glass-front eco-leather box, hand crafted in Italy, which sits on your shelf or bookcase to show off your new matted prints. It’s like a living frame, where you get to swap out the photo in the front at any time.
~Our portrait studio, Style Photography is at 71 Herne Bay High Street CT6 5LQ.
We have timeslots available for shoots during weekdays by appointment. Availability is on a first come first served basis. On your phone chat with Sheila she will share the next available dates and make sure to find an opening that works for you. If you are excited to participate but just can’t possibly make those times work let’s chat about your availability. We want to be as inclusive as possible for this project but we are working around our hair & makeup artist’s schedule too. We will do our best to accomadate you.
Well, stop right there, I simply don’t believe in “photogenic.” It’s our job as photographers to make you look and feel amazing! And lucky for you we are trained masters at making women of all ages, shapes and sizes look amazing in photographs.
You can wear up to 4 different outfits in your photoshoot. We encourage you to bring dresses and gowns for you to play DRESS UP! Or, you can be casual in jeans and a black or white shirt. You could wear a sundress or bring a fancy cocktail dress or jumpsuit. You can even wear yoga clothes. And to finish off even wear lingerie or your birthday suit. There’s no rules. This is up to you! I want to photograph you based on YOUR UNIQUE VISION & PERSONALITY.
Certainly! You can definitely include loved ones at the end of your shoot! Extra hair and make up is £50 per person (if needed). Part of your story is the people (and furry pets) you love. So if you want to include your loved ones, the more the merrier. And you also have total permission to make this photoshoot just about YOU!
Just let us know in advance what you’re planning.
Yes! we would love to have your friends be a part of this project! Please feel free to spread the word.
We totally understand that life happens! We do book in our hair & makeup artist’s time to be at your photoshoot. Therefore, you are allowed one reschedule more than 7 days out from the shoot at no charge. If we have less than 7 days notice (or this is the second time you need to reschedule) we do charge a £50 rescheduling fee.
We aren’t “choosing” anyone. Every woman’s story is different and inspiring. Every woman is beautiful. So we aren’t going to exclude anyone who wants to be involved. Basically, this project is first come, first served. If you are willing to connect with Sheila for a “get to know you” call. Pay your £95 participation fee. Book your date, you can be a part of the shoot! YAY!
The only other limit is that we only have 10 spots available each month.
Once we hit 10 women, we will create a waitlist of interested women.